Two years after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School — the small New England town is learning how to cope in the wake of a tragic mass killing of 20 children and 6 staff at the hands of a disturbed young gunman.
Newtown is an intimate portrait of a town in grief and recovery. We come to know families, immersed in a surreal fog of despair, perseverance and unthinkable strength, managing to carry on each day. Together, their intimate stories, along with those of teachers, neighbors, first responders, and clergy, reveal reverberating rings of grief, compassion, survivor guilt, and the profound desire to create meaningful change out of a tragedy that that will mark their town for generations to come.
Through the lens of this horrific historic event we begin to understand, experientially, the far-reaching fallout of community trauma, and in turn, the capacity for collective compassion and resilience.
A film by Kim A. Snyder [85 minutes]
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING*
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Non-Profit Organizations and Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD) This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity.
3. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD) This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is paid.
4. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD) This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film where admission is paid.
5. Educational K-12 Classroom Edition (for K-12 classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD) - This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of pre-University students ages 5-18. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
*Please note that licenses are not available for Canada or USA.
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($25)
International Expedited Shipping ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($55)
International Expedited Shipping ($100)
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE: