What's it like to try to get to know a flying dinosaur? Filmmaker Judy Irving (The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill) follows a wayward California brown pelican from her "arrest" on the Golden Gate Bridge into care at a wildlife rehabilitation facility, and from there explores pelicans' nesting grounds, Pacific coast migration, and survival challenges.
The film is about wildness: How close can we get to a wild animal without taming or harming it? Why do we need wildness in our lives, and how can we protect it? Pelican Dreams, a theatrical feature, stars "Gigi," named for Golden Gate, and "Morro," a backyard pelican with an injured wing.
A film by Judy Irving [80 minutes]
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING*
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Non-Profit Organizations and Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD) This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity.
3. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD) This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is paid.
4. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD) This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film where admission is paid.
5. Educational K-12 Classroom Edition (for K-12 classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD) - This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of pre-University students ages 5-18. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
*Please note that licenses are not available for Canada or USA.
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE:
Arabic, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Italian, Korean, Mandarin (Simplified), Mandarin (Traditional), Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish (Castilian), Spanish (Latin American), Swedish