*Please note that licenses are not available for USA, Canada, or Bolivia
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE:
Subtitle files currently unavailable.
Moises and his family have been collecting salt for generations at the glittering, expansive, almost otherworldly salt flats of Salar de Uyuni. He cannot imagine a better place to live than the remote village of his birth in the highlands of Bolivia. Then one day, progress inevitably comes knocking on his door when the government decides to mine lithium — a raw material used in batteries, among other things — from the deepest salt layer. Centuries after the Spaniards emptied the Bolivian silver mines, leaving the country destitute, Bolivians start counting the profits.
An international airport is built close to Moises's village, roads are paved and tourists arrive to gape at the exceptional landscape. Selling salt becomes less and less profitable, and Moises looks on aghast as his brother swaps salt mining for selling souvenirs. Progress seems unstoppable: Moises's young sons won't become saleros like him, and his wife starts dreaming of a modern life as a hairdresser in the city.
While the village looks forward to a prosperous future, Moises wrestles with his disappearing way of life. Set against stunning footage of the pristine white landscape and images from his everyday life, Moises philosophizes about the significance of his beloved region, the confusing consequences of economic progress and his place in the world.
A film by Mike Plunkett [76 minutes]
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING*
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Non-Profit Organizations and Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD) This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity.
3. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD) This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is paid.
4. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD) This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film where admission is paid.
5. Educational K-12 Classroom Edition (for K-12 classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD) - This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of pre-University students ages 5-18. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact email@example.com with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($25)
International Expedited Shipping ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($55)
International Expedited Shipping ($100)