Every year in Pakistan, at least 100 people are victimized by brutal acid attacks. The majority of these are women, and many MORE cases go unreported. With little or no access to reconstructive surgery, survivors are physically and emotionally scarred, while many reported assailants—typically a husband or someone close to the victim—are let go with minimal punishment from the state.
SAVING FACE tells the stories of two acid-attack survivors: Zakia and Rukhsana, their arduous attempts to bring their assailants to justice, and the charitable work of London-based, Pakistani-born plastic surgeon Dr. Mohammad Jawad, who strives to help these women put this horrific act behind them and move on with their lives.
Directed by Oscar™ and Emmy™-nominated filmmaker Daniel Junge and Emmy™-winning Pakistani director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, SAVING FACE is an intimate look inside Pakistani society, illuminating each women’s personal journey while showing how reformers are tackling this vexing problem.
The 40 minute version is a 2012 Oscar™ winner in the category of Best Documentary Short.
HBO® and related service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING*
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD - for single episode/ $300 USD for all four episodes). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD - for single episode/ $590 USD for all four episodes). This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity. Due to footage license restrictions, tickets may not be sold to screenings.
3. Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD- for single episode/ $700 USD for all four episodes). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film. Due to footage license restrictions, tickets may not be sold to screenings.
4. Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD - for single episode/ $1,000 USD for all four episodes). This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film. Due to footage license restrictions, tickets may not be sold to screenings.
5. Educational Classroom Edition (for classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD). This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of Kindergarten-University students. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact email@example.com with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
*Please note that screening rights are not available in Bangladesh, Canada, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, United States
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($25)
International Expedited Shipping ($75)
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE:
Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Norwegian, Swedish