A quirky genius with a sharp wit and a provocative worldview, Dean Kamen is our era's Thomas Edison. He takes on the world's grand challenges one invention at a time. Best known for his Segway Human Transporter, Kamen has reconceived kidney dialysis, engineered an electric wheelchair that can travel up stairs (the Ibot), reworked the heart stent, built portable insulin pumps, founded FIRST robotics to inspire young students, and on and on.
Holder of over 440 patents, Kamen devotes himself to dreaming up products that improve people's lives. For the last 15 years, he has relentlessly pursued an effective way to clean up the world's water supply and has invented an energy efficient vapor compression distiller that can turn any unfit source of water (seawater, poisoned well water, river sludge, etc.) into potable, safe water without any need for chemical additives or filters. SlingShot is a film about an indomitable man who just might have enough passion, will, and innovative thinking to create a solution for a crisis that affects billions.
A film by Paul Lazarus [88 minutes]
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Non-Profit Organizations and Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD) This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity.
3. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD) This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is paid.
4. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD) This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film where admission is paid.
5. Educational K-12 Classroom Edition (for K-12 classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD) - This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of pre-University students ages 5-18. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact email@example.com with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
*Please note that licenses are not available for USA
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE:
Arabic, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Mandarin (Simplified), Mandarin (Traditional), Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish (Castilian), Spanish (Latin America), Swedish