The Law In These Parts
The Law In These Parts explores the four-decade-old military legal system in the Occupied Territories. Since Israel conquered the territories in the 1967 War, the Israeli Defense Forces legal corps have created and implemented thousands of military orders and laws, established military courts, sentenced hundreds of thousands of Palestinians.
This complex system which is invisible to most Israelis is very present in Palestinian daily life and is unique in the entire world. Still today, IDF legal professionals face judicial and moral dilemmas as they develop and uphold a system of long-term "rule by law" of an occupied population by an occupying army, all under the supervision of the Israeli High Court of Justice.
Why does Israel invest so much into the legal infrastructure of the occupation? What is the rationale behind the work of the people charged with the developing and upholding the law in the Occupied Territories? The Law In These Parts tries to answer these questions while also exploring the implications of the very effort to document such a system.
A film by Ra'anan Alexandrowicz, Produced by Liran Atzmor, B.Z. Goldberg, Laura Poitras [98 minutes]
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING*
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Non-Profit Organizations and Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD) This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity.
3. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD) This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is paid.
4. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD) This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film where admission is paid.
5. Educational K-12 Classroom Edition (for K-12 classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD) - This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of pre-University students ages 5-18. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
*Please note licenses are NOT available in Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, Switzerland, and USA.
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($25)
International Expedited Shipping ($75)
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE:
Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish (Castilian), Swedish
(Subtitle files available separately from DVD as .srt files and require that you supply the technical expertise to sync up with the DVD, instructions available)