The unmistakable power of love is celebrated in this story of one young man's decision to move to India and restart his life. He arrives in India as a disillusioned tourist, but Rocky's life changes when he meets a group of children living in an orphanage with HIV. He decides to stay and devote his life to them, while his best friend, Director Steve Hoover, chronicles his transformative story in this beautifully crafted and personal film.
Unlike others who simply passed through the lives of these children, Rocky "Anna", which means brother, joins their community as caretaker, learning to deal with all the challenges of loving and parenting children who face life and death situations daily. Rocky discovers his playful spirit and determination in the face of despair are an invaluable resource and in BLOOD BROTHER he ultimately reminds us that a truly meaningful life can sometimes be found in the most unexpected places.
A film by Steve Hoover [93 minutes]
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING*
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Non-Profit Organizations and Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD) This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity.
3. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD) This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is paid.
4. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD) This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film where admission is paid.
5. Educational K-12 Classroom Edition (for K-12 classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD) - This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of pre-University students ages 5-18. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact [email protected] with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
*Please note licenses are NOT available in the Australia, Canada, or the United States.
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($25)
International Expedited Shipping ($75)
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE:
Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish (Mexican), Swedish
(Subtitle files available separately from DVD as .srt files and require that you supply the technical expertise to sync up with the DVD, instructions available)