LOVETRUE offers a unique exploration of the challenges that love can present and how our past and present experiences shape the decisions we make when the fantasy of True Love dissipates. Using cinematic expressions of past memories and possible futures, the film also examines non-fiction performance as a documentation of truth and a purveyor of memory. Following three surprising love stories in starkly different American landscapes, we dive into the mysterious, the familiar, the dysfunctional, and the imaginary aspects of their relationships. LOVETRUE is a poetic roller-coaster down the inevitable nature of our shifting perspective on love.
A film by Alma Har'el [82 minutes]
"Lyrical devotion and hypnotic surrealism" - The Huffington Post
"LoveTrue confirms that Alma Har'el makes movies like nothing else out there" - IndieWire
"This year's Tribeca Film Festival was not without aspiring undertakings, but none shined quite as bright as the festival's most ambitious outlier title LoveTrue" - Complex
"When Har'el's images connect with the peaks of the pic's roving, reverberating score by experimental electro artist Flying Lotus, magic is made in the moment!" - Variety
"Every once in a while, an artist comes along who changes the way we think about film. Alma Har'el is one of those." - No Film School
"If particular films each have an equivalent genre in literature, Alma Har'el's documentary LoveTrue comes closest to poetry" - The Playlist
"This powerful, idiosyncratic film leaves us pondering some of the complexities that many romantic storytellers blithely ignore." - The Hollywood Reporter
LICENSE OPTIONS AND PRICING*
1. Non-commercial Public Performance License for Non-Profit Organizations and Small Community Groups - 1 Screening ($150 USD). This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is not paid.
2. Non-Profit/Educational License with Public Performance Rights ($295 USD) This license grants the bearer 5 public screenings in the same venue and the right to use the film in a classroom or other educational setting in that same venue in perpetuity.
3. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - 1 Screening ($350 USD) This license grants the bearer 1 public performance screening of the film where admission is paid.
4. Commercial Public Performance License for Non-profit, Festival or Independent Theater - Multiple Screenings, up to 5 ($500 USD) This license grants the bearer up to 5 public screenings of the film where admission is paid.
5. Educational K-12 Classroom Edition (for K-12 classroom use or home viewing only) ($95 USD) - This license grants bearer the rights to screen the film for classrooms of pre-University students ages 5-18. This license is NOT a public performance license.
6. If you’re a corporation, please contact [email protected] with the details of how you’d like to show the film — please include screening location(s), expected audience size, and number of screenings.
*Please note that licenses are not available for the Canada, United Kingdom, and USA.
Digital download code for HD .mp4 - sent via email ($3)
Apple Pro Res Aspera Push ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($25)
International Expedited Shipping ($75)
International Standard Shipping ($55)
International Expedited Shipping ($100)
SUBTITLE FILES AVAILABLE:
Subtitle files currently unavailable.